Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Child may not collect child support

Legal news:
The adult daughter of a failed marriage should not be able to sue her father to enforce a child support provision from her parents' property settlement agreement that would benefit her directly, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has ruled unanimously in a case of first impression. ...

"As a society, we allow parents to make decisions concerning how to allocate their incomes between savings and spending, between themselves and their children, and between individual children," Justice Max Baer wrote on behalf of the majority. "While parents may include their children in discussions of expenditures, especially as children age, the final decision regarding the family's budget is for the parent or parents."
It is the same in every other state. The so-called child support cannot be collected by the child because it is not for the child. It is for the parent. It should be called mother support.

No comments: